Friday 30 October 2020

Maori | Translating and Revising

This week, LS1's lesson with Whaea Odie was based around knowing that some words are based off of their features.

First, we looked at the meanings of roto, waho, runga, raro, mua and muri. Roto means in, waho means out. Runga means above, raro means below. Mua means forward, muri means backward.

Next, we were given a list of words in Te Reo Māori to translate back to english. There were 17 words to translate in total.

After that, we did one more list that included the names of places in Te Reo Māori and words relating to sea or ocean. We translated all of these.

I enjoyed this lesson with Whaea Odie and I especially enjoyed looking at the meanings of roto, waho, runga, raro, mua and muri. One thing I think I could work on is expanding my Māori vocabulary.

 LI: to revise and translate words from Te Reo Māori.

No comments:

Post a Comment